It's been a while since I posted photos of Emily's art, so I thought I'd share an update with some informal sketches.
Leonardo da Vinci viewed art and science as two sides of the same coin. He wrote, "Study the science of art; study the art of science." Emily's recent work seems to follow this advice.
These two hearts are mock-ups for an art project she is currently working on. She drew them from a reference photo, and to my untrained eye, they look pretty realistic.
I happened to see this skull, spine, and heart drawing in a sketchbook she left lying around the house.
Although I did not see the finished product, I know she was working on a project for her medical terminology class this week that required her to draw all the vertebrae in elaborate detail, so apparently hearts and vertebrae are top of mind these days.


No comments:
Post a Comment